Saturday, February 28, 2015

Apno Ko Apne Dum Pe Jeena Sikhao



“The best way to predict the future is to invent it”. This quote expresses what exactly my grandmother and my mother teach me. What I am today it’s all credits goes to these lady of my life. Both had seen very tough time in their life, but they never give up, always hopeful for good future. 

In our generation we always talking about negative thoughts and positive thoughts, but at the time of our grandparents, they were truly amazing, they just think positive, whatever situation come in front of them. These innocent peoples don’t know what negative thinking is. I am blessed with wonderful grandparents; they rise up us with their love and affection. 

I always remember my grandmother always told this story and tell all of us that “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching”. I would dedicate all my success and achievement in my life till date to my family members who have given me immense love, support and motivation at different phases of my life.

As a kid, I was very naughty and was not at all interested in studies. It’s my grandmother’s wish that me and my sister must go to school, complete our education and go for higher studies. My grandmother was very intelligent women but just because she was a girl she was denied her right of education, she was never been in school. But her lust for acquiring knowledge, she tries to learn from her siblings. As time passes she also joins adult school. I was started my school at the age of 1 year, my grandmother took me to the school. She always encourages me for studies, and other cultural activities. There were times when I join Kathak classes not perform well, I felt disappointed and depressed because my hard work was not giving me the desired results. But my grandmother and my mother would always support me. Everyday my grandmother drops me to the Kathak classes and she waited for me outside till the class end. My mother taught me to be honest and gave me confidence to overcome my fear of stage and make me feel relax to perform in front of public.

My mother taught me "Determination is your biggest asset". I feel all credit goes to my grandmother and my mother for understanding me and guiding me step by step through tough times and supporting me till date. Today I am pursuing my graduation in classical dance Kathak. I want to dedicate my degree to my grandmother and my mother. These two wonderful lady are my true mentor, who teach us Apno Ko Apne Dum Pe Jeena Sikhao And I wish her a long life so that she stays with me forever. 

Watch the below video to know more about #MyFamilyMyPride ad film




This post is for Indi Happy hour Contest in association with http://www.hdfclife.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment